We are at your disposal for any questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
>Frequently Asked Questions
- sharebox.net can send or receive attachments up to 5000 MB per file. With traditional email, all attachments can not exceed 20 Mb per email.
- sharebox.net avoids storing files on mail servers as they are not designed to keep huge amounts of attached files. You save on buying discs and get better performance on the mail server for its core tasks.
- sharebox.net decreases the use of the Internet connection of the company as items are only transferred once to our servers. Conversely, when sending files to multiple recipients, a mail server will use the company Internet connection to send to each recipient and often it will make several attempts to successfully send files, causing a sharp slowdown in Internet connectivity throughout the enterprise.
- sharebox.net does not filter any file. You can pass all types of files, including those that are often wrongly blocked by antivirus systems.
- sharebox.net makes your transfers confidential by encrypting communication between the sender and the recipients. Using traditional email, all intermediates in the path of your emails (service providers, hosting company) can access the content of your emails, including their attachments.
During development, we check that the service works with all major browsers, like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
- Sending and receiving files is encrypted by the TLS/SSL protocol, the same way that the transactions you make with your internet banking. This mechanism ensures that you are communicating with sharebox.net and that no one can intercept the conversation.
- Each time you transfer files, you can specify a password that protects access to these files. This password should be transmitted by encrypted email only or by voice. Otherwise, the interception of the password will be relatively simple and totally undermine its protection.
- Attempts to access data hosted on sharebox.net are recorded and the authors are blocked after a few tries to limit any possibility of brute force attacks
The only option to guarantee a perfect confidentiality is to encrypt data before sending it on sharebox.net with tools like Truecrypt or Jetico BestCrypt. This way, nobody but you can view your data as long as the software is used correctly.
However, most modern browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) allow sending large files via HTML5 without problem.
You can add the public link in your signature so that everyone can send you files directly in your mailbox without further authentication request.